9.28.2013

D.I.Y - from buttons to earrings

Hello everyone. How's going? I'm sick. My throat hurts so badly, I have a runny nose and my ears hurts a bit. Last night I went to see my girl Sintija, we had some tea and walked around. It was raining and it was pretty cold too. When I got home I felt strange, but I thought that it's just my imaginary. This morning I woke up and I was feeling just terrible. So all day I drank some herbal tea with honey, lemon and ginger. I wish that I will feel better tomorrow, because I have to study and get ready for school.

I'm ready to share with new D.I.Y post! This time I decided to make new earrings. I had some buttons for so long time, I don't remember where did I got them, but I knew that I can't throw out them, because I really liked them. So yeah, enjoy this post and I wish that you will get inspired and make your own earrings or another accessories!

This is what you need to make earrings - 2 buttons, tongs, glue & earring stand and fasteners. As you can see, I didn't have suitable stands and fasteners, so I took gold ones. Yep, maybe not the best choice, but nobody will see your earring back! So whatever - use products that are available for you! 

First step - cut buttons back off! 

That's how my buttons looked after cutting off they backs.

Then I just squeezed a small drop of glue and added earring stands. (My first idea was to put earring stands in the middle of button back, but as it was too rugged I decided to put them a little bit higher.) Remember to wait a bit till glue is dry.

And that's it! That's how my earrings look - I love them. Happy with result? Totally! I will wear them often, because they're not to big and they're not heavily too. I wanted earrings like this for so long and now I have them! What do you think? 

(Last picture is not good at all, I'm sorry. It was to dark in room already, but I had to make that picture quick. As I'm sick, I didn't use any cosmetics. All pictures are taken with my iPhone 5.) 
x

6 komentāri:

  1. Jauki, man arī patīk šādi rakstiņi! :)

    AtbildētDzēst
  2. Man gan tieši patīk pēdējā bilde - lieliska, tas ka nav bijis ļoti labs apgaismojums padara šo bildi tikai interesantāku!:)
    Vai tu to auskara pēdiņu (jeb bāzi) pirki te pat kādā veikaliņā, vai internetā pasūtīji ? - man jau kādu gadu vieni auskari stāv atvilktnē nevalkāti, jo ir ar klipšiem, bet es gribu nomainīt uz šitādu veidu kā taviem taisītajiem auskaiņiem!:) Tikai nekur nevaru tās detaļas atrast.
    Man šķiet ka tas ir pats labākais ka lietas ko pati uztaisi arī ikdienā valkā, jo man gan bieži sanāk vairāk tāda kā ekperimentēšana, un beigās nemaz nevalkāju, ne drēbes ne rotas..

    AtbildētDzēst
    Atbildes
    1. Prieks, ka patīk, jo apšaubīju vai bilde ir cienīga, lai tu liktu blogā, jo galu galā gribas lai viss būtu 100% labi paveikts, nevis pavirši aizpildīts.
      Pēdiņas pirku sen, sen atpakaļ veikalā Timari. Bet tas bija pirms apmēram 3 gadiem, kā minimums. Toreiz izvēle bija ļoti plaša bet sen neesmu apmeklējusi šo veikalu un nezinu, vai viņiem vēl aiz vien ir tik plaša izvēle..
      Piekrītu, vēl viens pluss tam, ja taisu kaut ko pati, ir maza iespēja, ka kāds no draugiem, paziņām nēsās pilnīgi to pašu ko es. Parasti kaut ko veidojot, gribas pielikt nelielu akcentu, kas raksturotu sevi. Un tāpēc arī ir jānēsā sevis veidotās lietas, lai izceltos uz apkārtējo fona! :)

      Dzēst